Monday, June 18, 2012

STYLE | Wardrobe Clean Out


Once every year or so I clear out 90% of my wardrobe including accessories and shoes. Hoping my employment status (and dress size...) will change fairly soon I hope to invest in quality clothes but with that said I'm not that impulsive with my purchasing behaviour.  

The amount in my closet was already small to begin with as I like to minimize my closet and have staples for each seasons. I tend to buy clothes that makes the same variation of one outfit or look, so their ability to be versatile is vital. This winter season I'm on a quest to find these particular items:  

1. Black coat: Warm yet non-heavy or a trench that I can throw over any outfit. 
2. Slim trousers: Quite endless in requirements but I'm embracing the look of trousers these days especially in winter. I'm really over stockings+ dress/skirt/shorts combination and prefer them over jeans. 

3. Scarves and gloves: Necessities I've never gotten around to buying/replace. 
4. Pencil Skirt:  For the evenings, I've been lusting for a high slit but at a conservative length. 
5. LBD (Never ending hunt): I have 3 styles in mind, mini length w/long sleeves, shift dress w/cap shoulders and a midi figure hugging dress. 

So far I narrowed my shoe collection, I usually go for flats and tend to wear out any flat shoes very easily hence why I can't justify buying expensive flats. Topshop served me well but this time I found a nice a pair from ASOS. Heels are another story and are worth the splurge, I'm currently looking for simple high heeled sandals that I've been waiting for ZARA in Sydney to stock.   

Regarding bags, I'm actually happy with what I have and it proves if you invest in a handbag it will be well used & timeless. With that said I'm looking for a small purse/satchel like Celine Trio.




1 comment:

  1. Always irritated that Zara have some nicer pieces that never seem to work their way into the Sydney store.

    ReplyDelete